PEANUT CHUTNEY is always my favourite chutney. But in my house peanut chutney is not a regularly made thing. I tasted this chutney from my school friend once and it became my favourite instantly. I always wanted to make the best peanut chutney. I tried from many websites and blogs. But i didn't get the taste i was having in my mind. Then last week i combined all the things i learned from the blogs and created my own recipe out of it. Surprisingly that was the taste i was searching for. Here is the recipe.
Peanut- 1 cup
Grated coconut- 1 cup
dhalia- 1 tbsp
Green chillies- 2-3
Red chilly- 2
Tamarind paste- 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
- Pour some oil in a pan. Add the peanuts in the oil and saute till it becomes golden color.
- Add the dhalia and fry for two seconds. Add the red and green chillies and saute well
- Add the onion and saute until the raw smell of onion goes away.
- Add the grated coconut and salt and saute for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and add the tamarind paste to it.
- Put the mixture in a grinder or blender and grind it into a fine paste.
- Tempering is optional